Caylen is our Magento stock/product specialist.
He spends some of his after-hours time learning more about Magento, which he loves!
The Account Sharing feature in Magento allows an authourised user with sufficient privileges to share access to an account. This will allow other employees and external service providers, limited access to perform various tasks.
Access to functions can easily be shared by using the simple ‘shared access option’.
*Click on 'Register' if you need to create a new account
3. Click ‘Shared Access’ in left column and then you click ‘New User’
4. Now enter the ‘Account ID’ from the Magento Account and the ‘Email Address’ from the Magento Account
5. Now enter a ‘Shared Name’ to identify the account.
This shared name is for internal reference and this will only be visible to users who you share the account. You need to enter your ‘Email’ and ‘Phone Number’ if you want to share your personnel contact details with a user.
6. To grant account permissions select the checkbox of each Magento Product or Service you want to share.
7. When you have selected and are ready, click ’Create Shared Access’.
The User information will appear in the ‘Manage Permissions’ in the ‘Shared Access Page’ and an invitation will be emailed to the user with instructions to access the shared account.
Once this process is completed, the shared user you will receive an email invitation to the shared account. The user then needs to follow the simple instructions in the email in order to log into the Magento account.
Read the next part of this post:
We assist with all aspects of designing and building an online store for your business.
M1 to M2 Migrations
Need a smooth migration to Magento2? We can help, we've been doing them since 2016.
We can connect your Magento to your ERP System, courier or membership manager.
Need a flexible platform to your wholesale customers or dealer network? You can start right here.
Questions? We have the answers.